Sunday, December 20, 2009

Precious sleeping angel

When we found out we were pregnant I knew our life was going to change....I just never realized how much.  I never dreamed that I would find so much joy watching my little man sleeping in his bassinet.   He looks so angelic and peaceful and perfect.  I know that I am biased...but he is.  From his long fingers to his cute toes, he is 6 pounds of perfection.   I love him more than I could ever imagined nine months ago.   I could sit and watch him for hours...(some of you may be saying "you are just so grateful that he is sleeping" and yes...there is some real truth to that.  Especially since I think I may have gotten almost two hours of sleep in the past 24 hours.)


It is unbelievable to think that this tiny little person was inside of me just two weeks ago.   I felt him kick and flutter inside of me and I hoped and prayed he would be healthy and strong.  Now he is out here in the world and is already showing signs of his own personality.  As I hold him I can sense his strong spirit and I know he will grow to be a fine young man.  I never dreamed that I would be thinking of the future so often, what will he be?  Where will he go to college?  Where will he go on his mission?  Who will he marry?  How can I help him to be successful?  How can I make him happy?   So many questions....and no answers---I just must have faith in my father in heaven.   So many parents have told us to enjoy every moment of these formative years--because in no time we will turn around and he will be a teenager.   I know I must treasure every moment I can hold him close in my arms and protect him from everything.

Our life has been changed forever by something that started the size of a pea.  Now he is 6 pounds...but he is our life.  He is our joy.   This precious sleeping angel is the love of our lives.  No one can forsee what the future may hold, but I do know this.  This precious sleeping angel has forever changed our lives.

1 comment:

  1. You guys need to say "posted by mel" or posted by bryce" so we can know whose thoughts we're reading!

    And I love this post! You're both just wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete

Our Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones